Our Teacher Training is Unique and Customized
1 on 1 - 200 HR Teacher Training Certification - Michelle Sammut
Our One-on-One 200 Hour Teacher Training program is Registered with The Canadian Yoga Alliance CYA-RYS200
200 HR. Teacher Training Curriculum with Michelle Sammut
Additional Training with Life Coach Susy Fonseca
We understand that many of you have busy schedules, which is why we created our One-on-One Teacher Training Certification at the 200 Hour Level!
Our program is designed in Modules upon which you complete in a non-class situation. We then meet with you weekly, or as your schedule demands, to ensure you are understanding the techniques required to become a Certified Yoga Instructor!
Price of Program:
$2100.00: includes Training Manual Handouts, Private meeting sessions with Michelle Sammut and 4 Life Coaching Sessions with Susy Fonseca. Unlimited Monthly membership discounted at $65 per month to practice at the studio.
Please contact Michelle Sammut or call 905-897-8680.
- Have a minimum of 2 years of personal yoga practice
- Complete all Modules, the required reading, written work, demonstration class for Michelle/live class, and 20 hours of volunteer real time teaching at Parivartan Mississauga
Module 1 - Teaching Technique - 100 hours
You will learn both the theory and practice of asanas, meditation, pranayama, sequencing, mudras, bandhas and Sanskrit names of the Asanas. Yoga asanas are studied in depth.
- Principles of Yoga Asanas
- Posture--Specific Alignment & benefits
- Adapting postures to the individual – special cases (prenatal, overweight, special needs)
- Usage of props as assistance or advancing
- Vinyasa Flow practice technique
- Sequencing your asanas
- Pranayama/breathing techniques and benefits
- Meditation and how to teach guided meditation, benefits of meditation
Module 2 - Teaching Methods - 30 hours
You will learn how to demonstrate and observe poses, how to assist, adjust, and modify the poses; Understanding students’ learning styles; adapting to varying levels of your students in class, adapting to any special needs in class, and developing your own teaching style.
- Assisting and Correcting Asanas, Building your poses from the Ground up
- Effective Cueing
- Development your Verbal Skills, Designing your own teaching method
- Demonstrating asanas for your class
- Reading group energy and dynamics and how to adapt
- Managing many levels in one class
- Cultivating confidence
- Planning your own classes
- Practice Teach Sessions & Feedback from other Teacher Training Students
- Opportunity to assist teachers in classes with evaluation
- How to organize and promote a workshop, class, yoga event
Module 3 - Anatomy and Physiology - 30 HRS
You will be taught both physical anatomy and physiology and energy anatomy and physiology (i.e., chakras and nadis) as they apply to yoga teaching.
- Introductory Anatomy as applied to each Asana
- Anatomy of Postures
- The Physiology of Asana, Breath & Meditation
- Injury Prevention
- Advanced Relaxation Techniques
- Prana & the Vayus
- Chakras & Nadis
- Mudras and how they affect the body
- Adapting the practice to your lifestyle, needs, body
- Special Addition with Life Coach Susy Fonseca to include:
- Mapping Your Yoga Approach to your Lifestyle- One on One Appointment (1 hr) with Susy
- Connect how your life and your perception of yoga are related
- Calming the Mind - Teaching – Mind Focus & Meditation (1 hr)
- Deepening the Connection with the Body” Teaching – (Chakras) (1 hr)
- Rejuvenating Your Yoga Approach” One on One Appointment (1 hr) with Susy
Module 4 - Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle and Ethics - 50 hours
We learn the history of yoga, different styles of yoga, yoga philosophy, and ethical behaviour of yoga teachers.
- History of Yoga: Classical & Modern, the Evolution of Yoga into the Western World
- Fundamentals of the Yoga Sutras & 8 Limbed Path
- Important teachers and their contributions
- Living Yoga – off the mat
- Teacher/Student Ethics
Module 5 - Volunteer Teaching at Parivartan Mississauga - 20 Hours
When all Modules are complete, you will do Live in-class teaching, assisting, receiving feedback, and observing. 20 hours are completed at the studio with the initial class you teach being observed by Michelle.
When all 5 Modules are completed, a final exam is sent to you for take home. This will give Michelle an insight to show you have grasped on the full concepts of becoming a Yoga Instructor.